AFRC organised and managed the 13th International Cold Forming Congress in Glasgow, September 2015
Wednesday 2nd - Friday 4th September 2015
The 13th International Cold Forming Congress was held at AFRC on Wednesday 2nd September and at the Technology and Innovation Centre, Universityof Strathclyde on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September 2015.
We are delighted to report that, during the 3 days, we had over 130 international attendees listening to over 30 presentations, seeing demonstrations, participating in tours of AFRC and visiting 18 international exhibition stands.
The theme of the conference was: Achieving step changes in cold formed product weight and process flexibility for future products addressing the following session topics:
- Cost effective manufacturing of lightweight components
- Press and machine technologies for process flexibility
- Modelling and simulation to support rapid change
- Advanced materials considerations in cold forming
- Cold sheet metal related technologies
- Enabling incremental cold forming processes to serve high demand applications
- Flexible and sustainable cold forming processes
Delegates at AFRC after day 1 of the conference:
The marquee installed at AFRC: