We are able to provide photocopies or scanned images from our collections as long as the material is of a suitable condition and is not covered by restrictions. Please note that all copies are provided on the understanding that they are for private study and research only.
This is a guide to the charges for the reprographics services we offer. A member of staff will be happy to discuss your particular requirements.
The use of digital cameras and smartphones to capture images of archives and books from the University of Strathclyde Archives and Special Collections is permitted but please read our guide to Self Service Digital Photography and check with the reading room supervisor on duty for any restrictions.
|per page (black and white)||A4||30p|
Scanned digital images:
|per jpeg (300 dpi)||£12.00 for first image|
|£6.00 for each additional image|
Other formats are available. Prices on request.
Please note there is a minimum charge of £15 for all orders placed online or received by email, letter and telephone. Postage and packing will be added at the appropriate rate.
VAT (currently 20%) will be added to all orders other than those for University of Strathclyde students requiring the copies for coursework, members of University of Strathclyde staff charging the work to departmental or research grant accounts of external orders from countries where VAT is not applicable.
- Complete the appropriate copy request form (forms are also available from staff in the reading room)
Copy request form (for published material)
Copy request form (for unpublished material)
- Once you submit your request, Archives and Special Collections staff will assess whether the item can be copied, inform you of the cost and advise you on methods of payment.
- On receipt of payment we will process your order – please note it may take several days to process your order.
- If you have problems or have any questions regarding your copy order please contact Archives and Special Collections.
All copying is undertaken in accordance with our Policy on copying (PDF)
Copies are initially supplied on the understanding that they are for private study and research only. However, researchers may be allowed to publish on the following conditions:
- You must obtain the permission of the University Archivist in advance of publication.
- You must make due acknowledgement in the published work to the University of Strathclyde.
- Any reproduction fee requested must be paid on or before publication.
- Material subject to copyright may not be published without the additional permission of the copyright holder. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain the permission of the copyright holder.
How to request permission to publish:
- Print out Permission to Publish Form and complete giving as much detail as possible. Ensure you sign and date the form.
- Give the form to a member of staff in our reading room or post it to us. Please note that original forms with signatures are always required.
- The University Archivist will assess whether permission can be granted and advise you if any charges will be applicable.
Re-use of public sector information
Archives and Special Collections is subject to the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulation 2015 (PSI Regulations). Please see Permission to reproduce Library materials for details of how to make a request for re-use of our information and Fees for details of our charges.