Our Finance programme is unique in Scotland in terms of the range and depth of the finance issues covered. Years 1 to 3 involve detailed coverage of:
- the principles of investment and value
- business finance and decision-making
- analysis of securities such as bonds and shares
- analysis of financial derivatives such as options, futures and swaps
- management of risk
- financial modelling
- the operations of financial markets and the banking system
- interpretation of financial statements and evaluating the performance of companies
In the Honours (fourth) year you choose from a number of classes focusing on key areas of finance such as corporate investment, corporate finance, and the pricing and management of financial assets.
You can study Finance in combination with a range of business subjects. Employers tell us that they particularly value the range of subject combinations available at Strathclyde, ensuring that our students have in-depth understanding of a second subject to complement their Finance studies.