2017 DATES JUST ANNOUNCED
3 - 4 OCTOBER 2017
- it's the biggest recruitment event in Scotland with over 100 exhibitors with job and postgraduate study opportunities.
- free to attend - it's open to students and graduates from all universities.
- some employers will have immediate vacancies and most are recruiting for next year, making a total of thousands of vacancies.
- most employers offer internships/placements.
- this is a unique opportunity to have your questions answered by people on the inside, so go prepared to make the most of it.
- Careers Advisers are available for short consultations.
- CV Tutorials and Checks - learn quick tips on improving your CV.
- Download a copy of the 2016 Fair Guide and Late Bookings Supplement
- View 2016 list of exhibitors
- Directions to the SECC
- Free Bus Service
- Get our expert advice about how to prepare for the fair
Fairs are an excellent way of meeting recruiters face to face, but only certain kinds of exhibitors attend Fairs. Check the exhibitor list and Guide and select exhibitors whom you wish to visit. Consult your Careers Service if you want to know about other kinds of recruiters.
Research exhibitors' websites to check the nature of their vacancies and their entry requirements. Think of sensible questions to ask.
Dress can be formal or smart casual - not scruffy!
Think about how you will introduce yourself confidently to exhibitors.
Take cvs if you wish, but it's not vital. Many recruiters require on-line applications.
Remember exhibitors are there to promote their opportunities - not to give you careers advice. Don't expect them to tell you what you should do. Clarify your ideas about what you want.
Note exhibitors' names in case you need to follow up later.
Enjoy the event! It is an important way of job seeking - but not the only one. The Careers Service has many more resources to help you with your job search - so continue to use us throughout the year.