The Careers Service's objectives are closely aligned to the University's excellence agenda. Its staff and activities make a significant contribution to the University's aim to be 'the place of useful learning where the best work and study'.
The Careers Service helps students to enhance their employability through all stages of the career choice process using careers education, information and one to one guidance. We also help students to gain work experience and to reflect on the skills developed through this experience. By providing a free advertising service to employers and working closely with recruiters of graduates throughout the UK, the Careers Service has established itself as the biggest single source of graduate vacancies. In addition, Careers Advisers are happy to work with individual departments to offer tailored seminars to their students. Contact the Careers Adviser for your course to discuss this further.
- The University definition of careers education and the University Careers Education, Information and Guidance Policy
- The QAA Code of Practice on Careers Education, Information and Guidance
- Details of the skills employers want from graduates
- Information on the destinations of Strathclyde graduates
- Information on Options with Your Subject