CISS aims to provide high quality professional learning opportunities to support the teaching and learning of languages across all sectors and all parts of the country.
We regularly host national conferences, residential schools and online learning events. To be the first to know about these events, sign up to the SCILT weekly news e-bulletin
In addition, authorities, clusters or schools may be interested in booking one or more of the workshops from the CISS Professional Learning Programme 2016-17 - Making Chinese Work for You!
Whatever your professional learning needs, we will endeavour to meet them. If you have specific requirements we are happy to develop bespoke input and support.
If you would like more information on how to arrange a professional learning event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are happy to try and accommodate requests for a whole school staff, from a network/cluster of schools and from local authorities.
- We understand the need to be flexible, so will do our best to accommodate your preferences for timings and locations. However, the sooner you submit a request, the more likel you are to get the options and dates you've chosen!
- All workshops are free although we request that the host venue provide handouts and photocopying as required, if possible.
- As resources are limited, we would nee a guaranteed minimum of 5 participants.
For further information please send an email to: email@example.com stating the following:
- Local authority, school or cluster
- Date and time (most of the sessions would last typically 1-1.5 hours which we will advise when you have selected your choice)
- First and second choice of workshop
- Approximate number of participants.