The Adult Learning Programme, here at the Centre for Lifelong Learning, acknowledges the University's mission of making learning "open to all who may benefit from it" and in so doing maintains its tradition of making available to the public an interesting and stimulating selection of study opportunities.
The Evening and Weekend Programme offers a varied portfolio of classes, which gives the people of Greater Glasgow and the surrounding areas access to university-level education.
The 2016/17 programme is now available to view (pdf), with enrolments taken from Friday 19 August 2016: Evening and Weekend Programme
The full programme is only available to view online.
The Objectives of the Programme Are:
* To encourage the intellectual growth of adult learners.
* To link University provision to the wider community.
* To provide learning opportunities for those who seek career progression.
* To provide an environment in which curiosity can be satisfied and skills can be mastered.
Our Classes Have:
* Open entry, no qualifications necessary
* Liberal teaching and learning methods
* The opportunity to accumulate credit, enabling progression to undergraduate study.
Enjoyable and Worthwhile
The exciting Strathclyde combination of an interesting subject, an excellent tutor and a supportive group of fellow students makes the experience of learning enjoyable and worthwhile.
So, if you want to learn a language, improve your computer skills, harness your creativity as a writer, artist or actor, these courses offer ample opportunity. Or if you simply want to know more about philosophy, art history, wine appreciation - or any one of a host of other subjects - there is plenty to choose from.
Open to all, the diverse programme provides a wide choice to inform and entertain. Credits can be accumulated towards a University of Strathclyde Open Studies Certificate. See our Student Support section for more information.