Welcome to the Learning in Later Life Students’ Association (3Ls).
Linked to the Learning in Later Life programme of classes run by the Centre for Lifelong Learning, the Association is unique in Britain. 3Ls, as it is commonly known, was established in 1988 by a group of enthusiastic students under the auspices of the University. The Association continues to enjoy a symbiotic relationship with the university, each assisting the other. Membership is open to all students at the Centre.
Being a member means you are able to:
- Join the many clubs who meet regularly, enjoy informal learning and social events in the company of like-minded people,
- Take part in a programme of social events, trips and study tours,
- Use the Student Union Facilities at student rates including the University swimming pool in the Royal College,
- Enjoy the University of Strathclyde Music Society activities at special rates,
- Keep up with all of the latest news from the Centre for Lifelong Learning and the Student’ Association through the newsletter, Tell’smore,
- Join conferences at home and abroad,
- Receive advance mailing of the Centre’s course brochures,
- Support the Association and the Centre through a number of voluntary avenues whilst enjoying the camaraderie of small groups,
- Relax in the students’ coffee lounge on level 2.
There is more information available on our web site, both about the Association and about individual clubs:
Other sources of information are the notice boards on Levels 2, 3 and 7. The notice board on Level 2 in the coffee lounge provides extensive information about the Clubs.
The 3L office on Level 3 is open on Wednesday afternoons only. To contact us about the 3L Students’ Association you may email us at: email@example.com or phone 0141 548 4387.
For information about courses, please phone the Centre for Lifelong Learning at 0141 548 2116.
Do come and join us! It’s friendly and it’s fun! I wish you all a happy and active year ahead.