The service for students includes
- Information and advice for disabled students and applicants.
- Assistance in accessing the Disabled Students' Allowance or similar funds for equipment and other help needed for study.
- Liaison with other agencies who can provide the sorts of assistance students might need, such as Sign Language Interpretation, readers or sighted guides.
- Help with arranging assessments, such as dyslexia assessments, where these are needed to support applications for assistance.
- Support in setting up appropriate exam arrangements, where students might need, for example, additional writing time or rest breaks.