To contact security
- For emergency only please call ext. 2222
- For general enquiries call ext. 3333
A4 printing system
Typically all university computing labs will include at least one
colour and one black and white A4 printer. Print outs are charged by
the page and students pay for printing by using a disposable 'print card'.
How to print an A4 document
Send print job:
- Set up the document you wish to print on any password-controlled library PC and select the print option.
- Choose whether to print to a black & white, colour, or acetate printer.
- Select what you wish to print.
- Click on 'OK'.
Print selected item(s):
Now go to any printer of the appropriate type (black & white or colour) in the library or computing lab.
- Insert your 'print card' into the Emos card reader next to your printer of choice.
- Log on to the Uniprint Station* (using your University username and password), and your print job(s) should be displayed on the monitor.
- Select the job(s) you wish to print.
- Click on the 'Print' button.
- When finished printing click on the 'Log Off' button.
As your print job can be printed out at any library printer of the type you have chosen (black & white or colour), you can go to a remote printer if the one nearest to you is in use. However, if you go elsewhere to print, you are advised for your own security to log off from the PC you were working on originally.
* A Uniprint Station is simply another computer (usually an older model) which is located next to the printers and is only used to control print jobs.
A3 printing system
The digital design lab (James Weir Building room M109) is equipped with an A3 printer for the use of DMEM students. This printing system differs from that of the regular university printing service and printouts are not charged by means of a 'print card'. To find out more about using the A3 printing service and its costs please consult with one of the lab's technicians or Cunningham; Mr David .
Printing documents of sizes larger than A3
The digital design lab (James Weir Building room M109) has facilities to print documents up to a size of A1 or larger, if in banner form. To find out more about using this printing service and its costs please consult with one of the lab's technicians or Cunningham; Mr David .
Photocopying service at the university can be split into the following two categories:
- Using the photocopiers in the Library and most other campus-based copiers.
Most copiers in the universtiy can be activated by use of the same 'print cards' that are used for printing from the computing labs. The cost of copying differs depending on the size of the paper (A4 or A3) or if the copy is to be made black & white or colour.
- Using the photocopiers located on the 5th floor of the James Weir Building.
Copiers located on the 5th floor of the James Weir Building do not accept regular university 'print cards'. These copiers are activated by use of a 'copy card' that may be purchased from the DMEM offices (James Weir, room M507).
Print Cards and Copy Cards
Print cards can be purchased from the John Anderson Library at the following prices.
Print cards are needed for printing/photocopying in the library or central IT labs.
- £1.00 - 16 units
- £3.00 - 50 units
- £10.00 - 200 units
Copy cards can be purchased from the DMEM offices (James Weir, Room M507).
Copy cards are needed for the DMEM 5th floor photocopiers.