A Guide for Applicants
- Why should you come to Strathclyde University to study the MSc in Applied Economics?
- Why study economics?
- Admission requirements
- English language
- Application procedure and forms
- Information for prospective international students
- About Strathclyde University and the City of Glasgow
Why should you come to Strathclyde to study the MSc in Applied Economics?
There are several reasons why you will find the MSc in Applied Economics Programme a wise choice for your postgraduate study.
- Excellent job prospects
- An interesting, stimulating degree, unlike any other you will find elsewhere
- Warm, welcoming staff
- Great facilities
- Ideal class sizes and excellent mix of students
- Focus on applications of economics to business and public affairs
- High quality teaching and research ratings
- A strong seal of approval has been awarded to the Degree as the MSc Applied Economics Degree is the successor to the only postgraduate masters degree in economics that is Recommended by the UK Government Economic Service.
Please take a few moments to read the document linked here, where we provide evidence to substantiate these claims. You may also wish to contact Roger Perman, the Programme Director, by e mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone, (0)141 548 3845/3871, to discuss these matters in more detail personally. (For e mail, you can also use the Contact Us link on the menu bar at the right of this page.)
Why study economics?
The following link takes you to an external web site - maintained jointly by the Royal Economics Society and by the Economics Centre of the Higher Education Academy - which explains why it is so advantageous to you to study a degree course in economics: Why Study Economics?
Each application will be judged on its merits: we seek individuals that are committed, hard working and willing to learn with a honed interest in applied Economics. In gereral, we expect a second class honours degree, or equivalent.
As all tutoring and interaction on the MSc takes place in the English language, a good degree of fluency in English is an entrance requirement. Please see the University's English requirements for details.
Application procedure and forms
- General information for prospective students
- An on-line interactive application form, with an automatic acknowledgement to the applicant, is available here - apply online
Information for Prospective International Students
- Recruitment and International Office
The Recruitment and International Office has prepared useful information for prospective international students (including cost of living).
Information on possible scholarships.
Information on student accommodation.