The University of Strathclyde has the largest Faculty of Engineering in Scotland and is one of the top five Engineering schools in the UK. With over 50 undergraduate degree programmes to choose from there will definitely be something to match your own personal interests.
With over 50 undergraduate degree programmes to choose from, you can be sure to find a course to match your personal interests and career ambitions.
Our courses are accredited by the relevant professional bodies ensuring their quality and reputation within industry, and essential for attaining Chartered Engineer status. Why not make Strathclyde your first choice?
Why is Strathclyde Different?
- Quality courses - with some of the highest UCAS entry tariffs in the UK, our courses are in demand
- Innovative teaching – from interactive classrooms, to site visits and management training, we provide you access to broaden your skills
- We look after our students – with year tutors combined with student welfare, we can help with every element of your studies
- Our students get involved – from prize winning to extra-curricular activities, there is always something to challenge your talents.
- Career prospects – our excellent industrial links mean that 90% of our graduates are in work or take up further study six months after graduating
Strathclyde's flexible approach to study allows you to take classes from across the University. You may want to take classes from the renowned Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and join many of our Engineering graduates in setting up their own successful business. You could also take advantage of learning a language before spending part of your course studying abroad.
Our courses are designed to give you the very best engineering education - and the interpersonal skills that employers demand. We are recognised for our strong industrial links, providing you with site visits, industrial lecturers, industrial projects and placements.
Employers realise the quality of our graduates and the value of our degrees:
"BOC looks for engineering graduates who don't just know the theory, but can apply their knowledge in the real world - Strathclyde graduates are particularly good at this and that's why we target them for our graduate roles. Also, their enthusiasm and passion for engineering stands out above the rest!" Candice Cummings, Graduate & Resourcing Specialist, BOC.