Our consultancy services are provided directly or via external agencies such as the UK's Action Energy Service.
These services include modelling studies in support of design decision-making, laboratory tests to characterise the behaviour of new products, and field monitoring to determine the performance of buildings and renewable energy plant in use.
Issues that may be studied include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting of buildings
- supply and demand at the regional level.
- Critical sizing
- control performance prediction.
- glare avoidance
Renewable energy scheme deployments
- Grid and building-integrated
- passive technologies for demand reduction
Air flow studies
- Natural ventilation
- indoor and outdoor air movement.
- Advanced glazings
- ducted wind turbines
Comfort and health assessments
- Thermal, visual and acoustic
- indoor air quality.
- Surface and interstitial
- mould growth