Mrs Janet Riddell
500 LORD HOPE
Tel : +44 (0)141 444 8012 (Ext. 8012)
Education Courses Support Team Manager
- Lead the efficient delivery of a range of support services provided to Course Coordinators and Programme Leaders relating to the management of courses and students (in terms of quantity and quality).
- Manage a Programme Support team, including staff recruitment, staff management, work-load planning and staff development.
- Through effective management of a Programme Support Team, ensure that appropriate support is provided for the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies within the Faculty, in partnership with the Academic Quality Support Office, and others.
- Provide professional advice and recommendations in relation to complex academic regulatory and procedural problems. Resolve regulatory cases referred from the Support Team.
- Lead on the design and delivery of variety of service support mechanisms to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Foster good working relationships with academic colleagues, Heads of School, Vice-Deans and Dean, and Professional Services areas (e.g. Finance, Registry).
- Lead and contribute to improvements and projects which will impact on the wider Programme Support area and the Faculty.
- Work with the Planning and Resources Support Office to oversee resources and make recommendations about the allocation of resources to the programme management area.
- Contribute to long term strategic planning activities through providing ideas on service development.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement (e.g. in policies and procedures) in liaison and consultation with Professional Services Directorates, with a view to continually improving and developing practice.
- Be responsible for ensuring data is recorded, monitored and processed appropriately to ensure that internal and external (e.g. legislative and national) requirements are met. Responsible for ensuring data is supplied to other department/units or to external agencies as required (e.g. Academic Quality Office, Planning and Resources Office, SEES).
- Produce complex written documentation e.g. articulate committee papers; presentations; management reports.