Mrs Alison Gallacher
Lord Hope Building
Tel : +44 (0)141 444 8049
I was a Primary Teacher for 14 years, teaching mainly in the upper stages. I participated in the first pilot to teach German in primary school as part of the Foreign Language Programme. I was involved in many working parties and have a special interest in Promoting Positive Behaviour. I was involved in working on a pilot study for “Better Behaviour Better Learning”
I also worked for Glasgow Nautical College for four years in the Early Years department. I taught NC, HNC and PDA students. I also supervised students who were working towards their SVQ4 award for leadership.
I worked with SQA to develop new modules for the PDA. I have been teaching at Strathclyde University since 2006.
- Involved in teaching Maths to B.Ed 1, 2 and 3 year groups.
- Tutor for "Teaching and Learning" and "PDP" for B.Ed 2.
- Oversee a major project for B.Ed 4.
- Tutor for "Teaching and Learning" module of PGDE (Primary) course, and also tutor PGDE Language.
I have taught in Primary Schools for Fourteen years, mainly in upper stages. I was involved in the first phase of the Modern Language Programme, teaching German to Primary six and seven classes. I was also a lecturer in Further Education, teaching Early Years Modules for six years.
- MEd Dissertation: "Children's Perception of Gender Roles"