The Faculty is a leading provider of continuing professional development programmes designed to help professionals stay up to date and equipped to adapt to changes in their chosen field.
A variety of courses and conferences run throughout the year on a range of topics, and courses can be commissioned with flexible delivery to suit professional needs.
- The Centre for Lifelong Learning offers high level knowledge and skills training for professionals in areas such as safety and risk management, genealogy, counselling and adult teaching and learning;
- The Counselling Unit offers Advanced Professional Training and the Psychological Therapies Knowledge Exchange Programme, consisting of short courses, seminars and group work, providing an opportunity to focus on specific practice issues, learn new skills, increase self-awareness and deepen the understanding of theory and practice;
- The Innovative Routes to Learning (IRL) team work with a wide range of schools and local authorities to deliver intervention strategies focused on curriculum targets, or specific socio-economic groups to resolve educational issues;
- The Scottish CILT offers professional development for language teachers through a programme of conferences, tailored events and virtual events across Scotland;
- The Centre for Excellence for Looked after Children (CELCIS) offers pre-qualifying, qualifying and post-registration training for the residential child care workforce.