A unique programme combining the insights of US entrepreneurial teaching and practice with those of the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship. Presented by Sharon Ballard (Ex UCSD CONNECT Management Fellow, Founding Fellow of Technopolis Programme, former Chief Executive & Co-founder of Reticular Systems, Inc), and Dr. Jonathan Levie.
Supercoaching the Entrepreneur
These workshops are designed for those involved in the practice of economic and business development and for the professional advisory staffs of financial institutions, banks, and SME accountants. They are targeted at those who work with and advise entrepreneurs, pre-investment businesses, start-ups, early stage companies and SMEs going for second round / expansion funding.
The purpose of the workshops is introduce a set of practical tools drawn from US, UK and international practice and a way of thinking that will:
- Introduce you to powerful tools for thinking & analysis
- Update your professional knowledge base
- Provide a clear answers to 'difficult' questions
- Improve your effectiveness as a business assessor, advisor & mentor
- Enable you to provide focused assistance to entrepreneurs and SME's who lack focus or struggle to adequately describe, justify or present their business concepts and investment proposals in a convincing manner
- Meet the increasing requirement for Continuing Professional Development
Supercoaching is highly focused structured facilitation of business creation. Course graduates can expect to deliver new levels of insight and confidence to their clients through using the tools, processes and approaches taught, secure in the knowledge that you understand not just techniques that work, but why they work, when they work and how they work.
The Supercoaching tools are based on 'use in practice', upon active facilitation and are highly transferable across businesses and industry sectors. Knowing and understanding the process of facilitation is an essential part of the workshops and a fundamental key to delivering real results on the ground, regardless of the industry or specific context.
Over 200 first-time entrepreneurs have been successfully coached with this system in the US, Finland and UK. Learn from the pioneers of these techniques as they coach real entrepreneurs in the classroom. Develop your skills through applying these techniques with real-time entrepreneurs, with immediate feedback and advice, before returning to apply them in your professional role.