A new PEGASUS service has been launched that provides a direct link from PEGASUS to any Personal Distribution List a staff member has access to.
What are Pegasus Dynamic Distribution Lists?
A Dynamic Personal Distribution List (PDL) is a powerful email communications tool that is used to target a particular group of staff or students. The PDL is dynamic because it is regularly refreshed to ensure that the target group remains up-to-date.
IT Training have produced a training manual on Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists that covers how to access, create, use and maintain a PDL: Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists
How do I use this new service on PEGASUS ?
When you log into PEGASUS you will now see your Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists under the ‘Communications’ tab. This area will clearly display the lists that you are entitled to use. Simply click on the relevant list link and your email will automatically open with the distribution list ready to use.
A number of new enhancements are now available with PEGASUS Personal Distribution Lists:
- Lists can now be filtered, the entry page excludes your withdrawn lists as a default, but you can still view them
- Users can now have a maximum of 100 lists (up from 20).
- Users can use any list name as long as it is unique and can now use + (Plus) – (Dash) and . (Full Stop) in the list name
- Users can use criteria match values to identify nominees, as well as individuals
- These new lists will use the domain dlists.strath.ac.uk instead of plists.strath.ac.uk. Existing ones will continue to use plists.strath.ac.uk
Q. I can’t send to the list
A. Make sure the email client is using your University Email Account and that this Email Account is the same as recorded in HRIS.
Q. I am getting a lot of bounce emails
A. One reason could be that the recipient's email address has been incorrectly recorded using HRIS. Contact the IT Helpdesk for further advice.
For help with technical issues when using Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists please contact the IT Helpdesk
e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: ex 4000
For training and advice please contact the IT Training team
e: email@example.com t: ex 2161