Education: Electronic library services
Abstracting databases - comprehensive indexes to journal articles and sometimes to books, book chapters and reports. Indexes with the icon have direct links to our journal holdings to make it easy to see if the library stocks a particular article.
Full text services
- Informaworld - database of Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Psychology Press and Informa Healthcare journals - articles in library-subscribed content are marked with a green icon
- IngentaConnect - database covering wide range of journal publishers - to restrict search to library subscribed content, click "subscribed titles" button
- newspapers - links to full text of UK national broadsheets, and to many UK local, and some overseas, newspapers via NexisUK
- Omnifile Full Text - full text of 2000+ journals across most subject areas, US emphasis
- PsycARTICLES - indexes almost 2,500 journals and includes full-text of 67 periodicals from APA and some other publishers
- ScienceDirect - almost 9 million full-text articles; includes Social Science journals such as Educational Research Review, Evaluation in Education and Teaching and Teacher Education - particularly useful at the interface of education with psychology, medicine, and health.
Government Publications - Gives access to full-text of UK Command Papers, UK Parliamentary Papers, UK and Scottish legislation, etc