LTE brings together staff from across Professional Services and academic departments to help deliver innovation in teaching and learning. For a quick update on what we're currently working on, read our latest LTE blog update.
The Learning Technology Enhancement and Education Strategy teams are in the process of merging together under the leadership of Catherine Milligan to drive forward the University’s Learning Enhancement Framework.
Learning Technology is much broader than just a VLE and incorporates the use of other technologies to improve the learning and teaching experience. The LTE team have much experience in the effective use of technologies such as:
• Web conferencing/chat;
• Digital video/web casts;
• Computer-aided assessment;
• Peer assessment tools;
• Virtual worlds.
The Learning Technology Enhancement team at Strathclyde is involved with
- Development and implementation of new tools for effective teaching and learning through Myplace;
- Advising/contributing to department committees/working groups on issues relating to the effective use of technologies in learning and teaching;
- Leading user/interest groups within Faculties, to foster partnership working for Learning Technology Enhancement;
- Supporting academic teams in curriculum redesign;
- Develop and lead workshops/training on range of learning technologies, as required within academic departments;
- Identify support needs of academic teams to facilitate innovation in teaching and learning;
- Liaise with other Professional Services to assist in the smooth and effective use of learning technologies within departments;
- Assist course teams in evaluating usage;
- Create supporting resources (e.g. web pages, videos, leaflets, manuals).
The LTE team is responsible for the running of Myplace: the University of Strathclyde's online teaching and learning platform (VLE)
Visit the Myplace FAQ site for Myplace support.
Contact us by email to email@example.com
0141 548 3770
222b Graham Hills Building,
40 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1QE