Undergraduate Course Information
The Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering is consistently rated in the top 10 such departments in the UK, and as the top Department in Scotland. It has pioneered the use of active learning techniques in the interactive classroom, and innovative approaches to teaching design.
All of our courses are professionally accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council. The courses in Aero-Mechanical Engineering are also accredited by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).
Mechanical engineers are recognised for their knowledge and analytical skills in designing, implementing a range of devices, machines, engines, energy systems and a host of other complex working components.
Strathclyde Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering graduates are part of a new breed of engineer who can take on challenges ranging from more traditional industries to areas such as new materials, sustainable development and aerospace.
MEng students can choose appropriate specialised options from a wide portfolio of classes and have the specialism reflected in their final degree title; these are known as the “Mechanical Engineering with …” degrees.
BEng Courses (4 years duration)
- BEng (Honours) Degree in Aero-Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Honours) Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Honours) Degree in Mechanical Engineering with International Study
MEng courses (5 years duration)
- MEng Degree in Aero-Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics
- MEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Financial Management
- MEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Materials Engineering
- MEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering with International Study