Find out more about studying Management Science at Strathclyde and what Management Science is by following the links on the right.
OK - let's be honest. It's not a subject that most people have ever heard of.
But it has been described as "the best kept secret in business" and once business and managers start using MS they can't get enough. Look at what it can deliver:
- BT used MS in the way it planned the work of its repair engineers saving around £125m a year
- British Airways used MS to review its spare parts policies and identified £21m of savings
- Ford used MS to optimise the way it designs and tests new vehicle prototypes, saving over £150 million
- LloydsTSB used MS to design the seating configuration in its call centres eliminating the need to build, and pay for, additional capacity
- Samsung used MS to cut the time taken to produce microchips increasing sales revenue by around £500m
- The Department of Health used MS for strategic planning that led to the creation of NHS Direct
- An NHS hospital used MS to develop a computerised appointments system that cut patient waiting times by 50%
- MS assisted the owners of the Forth Road Bridge to develop a method of testing the structural integrity of the bridge's anchorages http://www.strath.ac.uk/research/archive/news/makingthebestdecision/
Now does that sound interesting or what!
And all these organisations - and more - need staff who understand MS which makes it good news when you're looking for a job.