Dr Niki Hynes was a Lecturer in the Department from 2006 - 2009. Prior to this she was Lecturer at Napier University in Edinburgh for 5 years and also taught briefly at Lincoln University in New Zealand where she undertook her PhD. She also has an MBA from the University of Edinburgh and a BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry from University College London. Prior to undertaking a PhD she worked for 8 years in sales and marketing positions including a multinational, a technology dominated firm and a small family-run business operating adventure holidays.
- Strategic alliances: the marketing of technology
- The culture and strategy of technology
- Intensive firms
- Corporate identity and the use of technology in learning and teaching
- Strategic alliance formation amongst Biotechnology Firms
- Corporate visual identity
- Simulation games - their use in teaching and learning
'Swichtec; A Case Study on Strategic Alliances' published in Strategic Marketing Management for the Pacific Region, Cravens, Merrilees & Walker, 2000, McGraw Hill Australia, and in Fundamentals of Marketing, Miller and Layton, 2000, McGraw Hill.
'Discover!' published in Strategic Marketing Management for the Pacific Region, 2000, McGraw Hill Australia.
'Self and Peer Assessment and Assessing online' published in Enhancement Themes 2003-4 Reports and Case Studies, Napier University.