Note to students applying from overseas:
www.strath.ac.uk/sees/infoint/visasandpbs/ has up to date information on the new "United Kingdom Borders Agency" immigration procedures.
As you might expect, our selection process is designed to identify talented professionals from a wide range of academic, business and cultural backgrounds who might gain from, and contribute to, our learning community.
As a result, while there are formal requirements for entry listed below, our concern is with the potential of individual candidates, their interpersonal and teamworking qualities and the range and nature of their managerial experience. In order to assess these skills we ask you to complete a number of essays outlining your experience and aspirations alongside references supporting your work experience and academic record.
We may ask you to undertake a formal interview to discuss your achievements and aspirations. In any case we would encourage you to visit the school or centre you are applying to and to ask as many questions as you need to be clarify your decision.
Qualifications and experience
For entry to the MBA programme you must:
- hold a degree from a UK university, or equivalent academic qualification from a comparable non-UK institution. (If you studied for your undergraduate degree at a non-UK institution we will need a copy of your degree transcript). Professional qualifications will also be considered.
- be at least 24 years of age.
- have a minimum of three years' full-time postgraduate experience where the management of people and resources has played a significant role.
Entry at Diploma level may be offered to applicants who do not hold sufficient recognised degree level qualifications, but who do:
- hold non-degree/professional qualifications plus at least five years' varied management experience.
- have no formal qualifications but extensive and varied management experience (10 or more years).
- are exceptional candidates over the age of 24 with a minimum of two years' managerial experience (available only to candidates applying to routes other than full-time).
Although GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) is not a standard requirement of our admissions process, strong verbal reasoning and numerical abilities are critical for the MBA and we may ask you to undertake such a test.
Competence in English
The MBA programme is highly interactive and therefore requires a high level of competence in English speaking, writing, reading and understanding. A wellbalanced minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS or TOEFL 95 (iBT) is required for those applicants whose first language is not English. We may consider applicants who fall slightly below these standards if they are willing to undertake pre-sessional study.
In order to undertake the Diploma/MBA you will need to be competent in word processing, the use of spreadsheets and in report writing.
The application process
Applications online here. Completed application forms are considered by the Admissions Committee as they are received. You are therefore encouraged to submit your application form and all the supporting documentation as soon as possible. Once all the requisite details are with us you should receive a decision within three or four weeks of application.