If you believe that you will be eligible for funding to pay for the cost of an article processing charge (APC), please complete the following steps so that this can be confirmed and payment processed.
- Check that your article complies with any funder's policies (If in doubt - email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Download and complete the APC Payment Request Spreadsheet
- Email the completed spreadsheet to our Open Access Team expressing your interest in Gold Open Access
- You will receive confirmation that your article can (or cannot) be paid for using the University's block grant funding within 3 working days
- At the point of acceptance - and before the article is finalised and published - inform the publisher that you wish to pay for Gold Open Access
- Our open access team can assist on copyright transfer and will deal with all financial aspects of the publishing process
The University has negotiated reduced rates for article processing charges for some our main publishers, including Wiley, IEEE and Elsevier.