Managing your Online Presence - Your Digital Footprint is the data that is available online about you, and your research.
Online Identity Management - A quick user guide for University of Strathclyde Staff
How can I maximise the reach of my research?
- Publish in reputable journals
- Publish in journals that allow self-archiving
- Add your accepted manuscript to PURE on acceptance
- Use social media to highlight your research
- Keep your online profile up to date on University and School web pages
- Always include university name in full (“University of Strathclyde, Glasgow”, not Strathclyde University or UoS)
- Collaborate with top international universities
- Spell your name consistently
- Consider search engine optimisation (keywords)
- Publish in journals with high impact factors
Does publishing open access make a difference?
- Open access articles are read and cited more than articles published in subscription only journals
- A link to an Open Access article can be accessed by all!
Swan, Alma (2010) The Open Access citation advantage: Studies and results to date.