The Department of Physics offers two postgraduate research degrees:
- A doctorate degree (PhD), which is a research degree which lasts typically 3-3.5 years.
- A master degree by research (MRes), which is essentially equivalent to the first year of PhD study but completed with a thesis.
More information on the research being carried out at Strathclyde can be found here:
- PhDs available (FindAPhd)
See also research opportunities on the following group websites:
- PhD studentships with Photonics group (NEW - June 2014)
- PhD studentships with Semiconductor Spectroscopy and Devices group
- PhD studentships with Ultrafast Chemical Physics group
- PhD studentships with Marine Optics and Remote Sensing group
- PhD studentships with Ultraintense Laser Plasma Physics group
Centres for Doctoral Training:
Apply online for a postgraduate research degree.