- be aware that Christians celebrate the season of harvest;
- be aware that Christians believe that God is the giver of all and that they respond to this in their harvest celebrations;
- become aware of the values of sharing, caring and helping;
- be aware that festivals ... are celebrated in churches and homes;
- recognise that a church is a special place for Christians;
- show a simple understanding of Christian worship and prayer customs.
- be aware of how the festival of Sukkot is celebrated and that it is a special time for Jews;
- be familiar with the harvest story of Ruth;
- understand that Sukkot is a harvest festival and that by celebrating it people are thanking God for their food;
- appreciate that Sukkot is a festival that Jews celebrate at home;
- appreciate that Sukkot is a shared family experience;
- appreciate that it is a festival in which children are encouraged to participate;
- be aware that it underlines the value of family life.
- investigate, identify and respond to: variety, pattern and order, beauty, growth through experience and observation of: the world around them, ... seasons, plants, animals and nature;
- become aware of 'people who help us' in the school and wider environment;
- begin to explore their ideas, feelings and reactions to encounters with nature, happiness/ sadness, suffering, ... ideas of God;
- begin to explore their developing sense of personal identity.