- be familiar with the story of Kisogotami;
- be aware of stories related to Ananda;
- have some knowledge of at least one figure from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition;
- have some understanding of the significance of Tibetan Buddhist temple decoration and artefacts;
- be aware of typical Buddhist artefacts found in a Buddhist home;
- be aware of the effect of Buddhist teachings on family life and social and moral values.
- show knowledge and understanding of the seasons of Advent and Lent;
- be able to relate the customs of these seasons to stories and beliefs;
- show a basic knowledge of the main events in the life of Jesus;
- show some understanding of Jesus' main teaching - "Love ... God ... and neighbour ...";
- begin to understand "Love the Lord your God ... and your neighbour as yourself";
- be able to explore what 'Son of God' means when applied to Jesus;
- become aware of the teaching of Amos on social justice;
- show a basic knowledge of the construction of the Bible and be aware that it contains different genres of literature.
- be able to identify the role of the key characters in the Ramayana (Rama, Ravana, Hanuman, Sita, Lakshmana) and the dharma reflected by each;
- show some understanding of the role of dharma within family life as reflected in the Ramayana.
- know stories about some Islamic heroes and notable modern Muslims;
- be aware of general Islamic moral requirements (including the prohibition of alcohol, gambling and usury).
- know the story of Esther and how she saved her people;
- understand that Esther and Mordecai are God's servants;
- be aware that the story of Esther is about the conflict of good and evil;
- understand the importance and popularity of Esther;
- explore the contribution of the Esther story to ideas of loyalty and commitment;
- be able to describe how Purim is celebrated;
- understand the distinctive features of the celebration of Purim in the synagogue;
- be aware of the part played by the reading of the scroll in the celebration of Purim.
- be able to describe and explain how Guru Nanak's Birthday is celebrated;
- be familiar with stories about the birth and childhood of Guru Nanak;
- be familiar with beliefs relating to the birth of Guru Nanak.