University of Strathclyde Research Day 2013
Friday 7th June 2013 | Barony Hall
Now in its 7th consecutive year, Research Day is a one-day event celebrating Strathclyde's research achievements as well as providing an opportunity for the interdisciplinary sharing of good practice in research, and a vehicle for promoting effective collaboration. This year, the University of Strathclyde Research Day has a new format which will be based around the theme of public engagement, with a particular focus on schools engagement.
The aims of the Research Day are to:
- celebrate the quality of research across all faculties of the University
- enable staff and students to meet and learn about the research carried out at the University
- enable networking with invited guests from industry, funding bodies and other organisations
The above points are clearly linked to the University of Strathclyde's strategic aims of
- Investing in and for research excellence
- Encouraging research across the traditional boundaries of disciplines
- Creating a research, knowledge sharing and enhancement culture, to ensure that experience, good practice and know how are capitalised within and across faculties.
During the morning/early afternoon session 100 school children from 9 Glasgow primary schools will visit the University and take part in nine themed ‘Meet the Researcher’ exhibits. As always, there will be the Dragons’ Den style event where University researcher staff pitch for research funding of £20,000 (deadline for applications Monday 15 April 2013) and many more opportunities for researcher staff and students to get involved. Come along, participate and learn about all of the current research being conducted at the University.
Prizes will be awarded to school children, and to the staff teams with the best research ideas presented in the Dragon's Den style event. All prizes will be presented by the Principal.
If you would like any further information on Research Day please contact: email@example.com
University of Strathclyde Research Day is financially supported by EPSRC and the University Excellence funds through the Bridging the Gap programme and by the University Roberts funds. These funds are awarded in recognition of the University Research Day contribution to research excellence and the development of postgraduate student intrapreneurship skills. The event is being sponsored by VWR