Commercialisation and Enterprise activities are supported by two teams within RKES - the Commercial Team and the Enterprise Team.
The Commercialisation Team supports opportunities progressing towards a commercial outcome in accordance with the University's Investment and Commercial Policy and Process. The Team provides a range of services to help academic staff turn their research ideas into a strong commercial proposition, including:
- intellectual property advice
- commercial opportunity analysis
- commercialisation funding applications
- management of commercial advisory panels
- business plan support
- forming a new company
- management of investment portfolio of spin-out companies
- licence negotiation
- industry liaison
The Commercialisation Team has the following members:
- Strategic Investor Relations Manager, Martin Hughes
- Strategic R&KE Development Manager, Catherine Breslin
- Commercial Manager, Fiona Strang
- Commercialisation Executive, Murray Dickson
- Intellectual Property Manager, Chris Mort
- Commercialisation Infrastructure Manager, Stuart MacKenzie
The Enterprise Team encourages undergraduate and postgraduate students from all University Faculties to develop enterprise skills and consider entrepreneurship as a viable career option; supports students and alumni with new venture creation; and runs a number of programmes which involve alumni in the University’s enterprise ecosystem. The portfolio of programmes run by the Enterprise Team can be found on the Enterprise Team webpage.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com or call 0141 548 2775.
Both the Commercialisation and Enterprise teams are part of the Strathclyde Entrepreneurial Network (SEN).