The Research & Knowledge Exchange Development team supports the strategic Research and Knowledge Exchange development goals of Faculties, Departments, academic staff and the University as a whole. The team provides a range of services including:
- Funder Account Management
- Programme Management (Bridging The Gap, CRUK, fellowship application processes, Impact Acceleration Account, Pathways to Impact and SIPBS KE Hub)
- Company Relationship Management
- Strategic Project Management for major projects such as PURE implementation
- Research Policy.
The team also provides research information services, including institutional research information/systems and REF preparation. The research information service involves gathering, analysis, dissemination of research KPIs and benchmarking data.
RKES manages the R&KE Portal - an online resource with the latest R&KE news, events and documentation on knowledge exchange development and research funding (both internal and external funding). The Portal can only be accessed by University staff, researchers and postgraduate students. There is information on knowledge exchange initiatives including commercialising intellectual property, networking opportunities and industry requests for expertise. There is also useful information on REF and PURE.
The Research & Knowledge Exchange Development team has the following members:
- Head of R&KE Development Service, Stephen Armstrong
- Strategic R&KE Development Manager, Catherine Breslin
- Strategic R&KE Development Manager, Madeleine Rooney
- Strategic R&KE Development Manager, Linda Wallace
- Impact Acceleration Account Manager, Fiona Deans
- Impact Acceleration Account Project Manager, Tanya Kay
- KE Engagement Co-ordinator, Ashley Jackson
Research Policy Manager, Craig Young
- Research Policy Officer, Jane Winn
- Research Information Manager, Scott Kilgariff
- Research Policy Assistant, Lisa Fenwick
- R&KE Operations Manager, Emer McDougall
- Data Management Project Manager, Claire Carroll
- Research Data Auditor, Andrew MacLellan
- Research Data Auditor, Marie Henderson
- International Engagement Co-ordinator, Clare McLaren
- PURE Administrator, Christine Gallacher
For general enquiries, please send an email or call 0141 548 3707.