Are You a Carer?
Let Us Know!
Do you look after family, a neighbour, or a friend who is ill, disabled, or perhaps suffering from an addiction, in an unpaid capacity?
At Strathclyde we can offer you a range of support, even before you submit an application to us - just let us know that you are a Carer! If you are thinking of applying to study with us, we can offer the following services:
- Specific guidance on which subjects you'll need to study before applying to the University
- Individual, personalised tours of our campus
- Priority places on summer programmes, such as our Accelerate courses
- Advice on financial support, including help with filling out funding applications
- A single point of contact for you to approach with any questions or worries you might have before and during your studies
- A range of student support services throughout your studies
Are you a current student? We are currently trying to identify students with caring responsibilities, with a view to establishing what more we can do in terms of support. Please get in touch to arrange an appointment to discuss your requirements, and also to hear about the student support services we offer at the University.
Get in touch with our dedicated adviser for Student Carers, Louise Martin, for more information, or to arrange to pop in for a chat.
Telephone: 0141 548 4050