From July 2012 the University of Strathclyde will operate a single campus in Glasgow as all staff and students of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS) will be located in the heart of the city on the University’s John Anderson Campus.
To support the closure of Jordanhill and integration of the HaSS Faculty the following projects are underway:
- Closure of the Jordanhill Campus and migration of all academic and support staff to the John Anderson Campus in July 2012.
- Major refurbishment of the Lord Hope building open to academic, support staff and Graduate School from July 2012.
- Part of level 3, 5 and 6 of Curran building for specialist teaching and learning spaces.
- Parts of level 1 and level 2 of the Curran to facilitate the integration of the Jordanhill and John Anderson libraries.
- Part of level 1 of the James Weir building for Design and Technology facilities.
- Parts of level 5 of Royal College for Education Science laboratories.
- Part of level 5 of the Graham Hills building for the School of Psychological Sciences and Health.
- Specialist music activities will continue to be provided by City Halls by on-going agreement with Glasgow City Council.
- Disposal of Jordanhill Campus.
The single campus project is part of a £350M investment over the next 10 years to transform the University’s estate to create an attractive, dynamic and digital campus.
Further information for staff can be found on SharePoint