Our courses in Biomedical Sciences provide an excellent foundation in cell and molecular bioscience with a specific focus on Immunology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Biochemistry.
Strathclyde is unique in Scotland in offering five joint Honours degrees allowing you to combine two subject options, and also specialist degrees that will enable you to choose a particular career path in industry or the public sector. Through the newly launched Integrated Masters (MSci) courses, there is also the opportunity to take one biomedical sciences discipline to Masters level by completing a research-led fifth year of study.
The Biomedical Sciences degree courses are designed to reveal the excitement of developments in biology and medicine and to provide a high-level, scientifically-based education. Teaching material is kept up-to-date via the strong industrial and research links of our academic staff and this ensures you are provided with useful and relevant experience.
We offer the following courses:
- Biochemistry & Immunology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code CC79
- Biochemistry & Microbiology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code CC75
- Biochemistry & Pharmacology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code CB72
- Biomedical Science / BSc (Honours), accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science - UCAS code C192
- Forensic Biology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code C190
- Immunology & Microbiology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code CC59
- Immunology & Pharmacology / BSc (Honours) - UCAS code CB92
- Biochemistry / MSci - UCAS code C720
- Immunology / MSci - UCAS code C550
- Microbiology / MSci - UCAS code C500
- Pharmacology / MSci - UCAS code B211
All potential candidates should read the entry information page before applying:
Dr. Charles Kennedy, Academic Selector, Biomedical Sciences
Phone: +44 (0)141 548 2202