I joined the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering in 2011, and am a member of the Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Conversion (PEDEC) research group. My research is based around power converters, with a focus on high-power applications. My teaching encompasses power electronics, electrical machines and drives.
My main contribution to teaching is in the areas of electrical machines, drives and control. I deliver lecture series at 4th year, 5th year and MSc levels:
- EE466/EE966 Power Electronics, Machines & Applications
- EE575/EE975 Power Electronics for Energy and Drive Control
I also lecture on the subject of electrical machines to 1st year PhD students in the Strathclyde Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Wind Energy.
I supervise individual and group projects at 3rd year, 4th year, 5the year and MSc levels.
Current research interests include modelling and control of power converters for HVDC applications.
- IET International Power Electronics, Machines and Drives Conference 2016
- IET Power Electronics (Journal)
- Editorial board member
- 7th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives PEMD 2014
- Photovoltaic Systems: Electrical Engineering Challenges
- The Scottish Institute for Solar Energy Research (SISER) aims to enhance collaboration in the area of solar technologies - both within Scotland and internationally - as well as providing a expertise and facilities to support up-and-coming R&D and future commercialisation in the field.
- 6th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives PEMD 2012
- Member of programme committee
more professional activities
- DC Grid for Empowering PV Generation in Qatar
- Williams, Barry (Principal Investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Feb-2017 - 01-Feb-2020
- Power Networks Research Academy (PNRA) - Epsrc Contribution | Watson, Gordon
- Finney, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator) Watson, Gordon (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Apr-2011 - 18-Sep-2015
- Energy Networks Grand Challenge: Top And Tail Infrastuctures | Zhong, Yanni
- Finney, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator) Zhong, Yanni (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2012 - 01-Oct-2015
- Energy Networks Grand Challenge: Top And Tail Infrastuctures | Page, Frederick
- Finney, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator) Page, Frederick (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2011 - 02-May-2016
- Doctoral training centre in wind energy systems | Lian, Yiqing
- Finney, Stephen (Principal Investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator) Lian, Yiqing (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2011 - 15-May-2016
- PROMOTioN - Progress on Meshed HVDC Offshore Transmission Networks H2020 SC3 Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy
- Xu, Lie (Principal Investigator) Bell, Keith (Co-investigator) Finney, Stephen (Co-investigator) Holliday, Derrick (Co-investigator) MacIver, Callum (Researcher)
- Period 01-Jan-2016 - 31-Dec-2019
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Royal College Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map