A first class degree or a masters with distinction is required. Applicants already holding doctoral qualifications should not apply.
- Research Council (RC) fees and stipend can only be awarded to UK and EU students and not to EEA or International students.
- EU students are only eligible for RC stipend if they have been resident in the UK for 3 years, including for study purposes, immediately prior to starting their PhD.
- If an EU student cannot fulfil this condition then they are eligible for a fees-only studentship.
- International students cannot be funded from RC funds unless they are ‘settled’ in the UK. ‘Settled’ means being ordinarily resident in the UK without any immigration restrictions on the length of stay in the UK. To be ‘settled’ a student must either have the Right to Abode or Indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have the right of permanent residence in the UK under EC law. If the student’s passport describes them as a British citizen they have the Right of Abode.
- Students with full Refugee status are eligible for fees and stipend.
The institutional lead for AHRC-funded Postgraduate Research is Dr Sarah Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are advised to contact potential supervisors and panel representatives (named below) in advance, in order to seek guidance on the DTP application process.
Architecture Dr Jonathan Charley (email@example.com)
Creative Writing Professor David Kinloch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Design Dr Andrew Wodehouse (email@example.com)
English Language and Literature Dr Elspeth Jajdelska (firstname.lastname@example.org)
History Dr Alison Cathcart (email@example.com) and Dr Karine Varley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Journalism Dr Michael Higgins (email@example.com)
Law and Legal Studies Professor Nicole Busby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Library and Information Studies Prof Ian Ruthven (email@example.com)
Marketing, including Cultural Policy, Arts and Heritage Management Dr Derek Bryce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Modern Languages Professor Philip Cooke (email@example.com)
Further information can be found at: http://www.strath.ac.uk/dtcs/artshumanities/