At the University of Strathclyde, we are committed to developing a supportive and diverse environment that encourages students to make the most of their time here.
As a place of useful learning, we take it as our responsibility to research, teach and be of benefit to society - to reach outside the University to make the world better educated, prosperous, healthy, fair and secure.
Building on existing academic strengths and relationships with partners in industry and across the public and private sectors, the development of the Technology and Innovation Centre is a catalyst for a step change in engagement between researchers and industry.
The Technology and Innovation Centre permeates activities across the University. It brings together multidisciplinary teams to combine strengths in engineering, science, business, humanities and the social sciences – enhancing the student experience and providing more opportunities for students to interact with external agencies.
So how will the Technology and Innovation Centre benefit you, the student?
The benefits of working closely with industry are already being delivered to enhance the student experience, through:
- Sponsored collaborative student projects and funded final year research projects
- Industrial placement studentships and internship opportunities
- Course content and learning influenced by industry
- Development of applicable and transferrable skills, techniques and knowledge which enhance employability
- Opportunities to build relationships and networks with external partners
The Technology and Innovation Centre represents an exciting opportunity for all students and staff and will help distinguish the University of Strathclyde as a leading international technological university.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.