Productivity through People – Building Better Workplace Practices
'Productivity through People' is a 12-month programme that supports SMEs to create a high performance workplace with a fully engaged workforce. Delivered in collaboration with and subsidised by four world class organisations, GSK, Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems and John Lewis Partnership, the programme is endorsed by the Productivity Leadership Group, a new business-led organisation created to boost management skills and close the UK’s productivity gap.
Providing access to the latest techniques, thinking and research to transform your productivity and working practices, the programme is based on the insights and guidance of industry leaders, backed by the research and experience of the University of Strathclyde’s award-winning Business School.
In any organisation, people are the key to growth – of ideas, innovation, capability and productivity. Investing in people and teams – inspiring and equipping them to do their best work together – is not only smart but essential to sustainable successful business performance.Roger Connor President, Global Manufacturing & Supply, GSK
Induction Event: This programme begins with a two day overnight event to establish a peer network group which is fundamental to ongoing development.
- Workshops and masterclasses to stimulate and challenge
- Unparalleled access to world class manufacturing organisations and the leaders that have transformed the workplace
- Coaching from a highly experienced manager in a world class organisation
- Action learning sets to address business issues in a facilitated, confidential group setting
- Shadowing and exchanges within peer organisations to give fresh insights
- Benchmarking against peers and action planning for the future
- Online forums to share, discuss and assess resources
Following the induction, delegates will undertake 4 modules of activity. Each module is 4 days duration, every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Empowering Leadership: moving from a command and control stance to coaching and development, led by senior management
- Innovation / Technology: showing innovation as a key to the future – not a threat. Piloting new initiatives and joint learning, rather than forced change
- Aligning the Business: managing the consequences of accelerating change. Ensuring the front line is inline with the business goals
- Enhancing Communication: building strong communication across the business, with effective listening mechanisms that celebrate success.
The programme will be delivered primarily from the Centre for Corporate Connections at the University of Strathclyde Business School with visits to world-class manufacturing / operations environments.
The 2018 Productivity through People programme starts in March 2018 and will take place at Strathclyde Business School in Glasgow.Key dates for this programme are:
- Induction Session – 14th & 15th March 2018
- Empowering Leadership – 8th to 11th May 2018
- Innovation / Technology – 3rd to 6th July 2018
- Aligning the Business – 4th to 7th September 2018
- Enhancing Communication – 20th to 23rd November 2018
- Plan for the future – 23rd & 24th January 2019
- Empower and engage front line staﬀ leading to better usage of skills and abilities - transforming management practice, developing leadership skills and adopting modern work practices delivered through a unique experiential learning programme
- Develop a support network with other SME owner/ managers – collaborating with like-minded peers to build a more productive future together
- Exposure to world class manufacturing and operational environments – enabling you to formulate high-performance workplace strategies. Benchmark against best in class organisations and develop a measurable action plan for continuous improvement
- Enhanced productivity and growth for businesses
- Creation of an open organisational culture that is positive, supportive and conducive to innovation and change to develop business growth.
This programme has received significant investment from the industrial partners, both in its design and finance. As a result the subsidised cost of this programme is £2,500 per delegate.
We're always happy to talk about how the programme could benefit you. Please get in touch with us to find out more and register your interest
- Phone Colin Andrews on 0141 548 3620
- Our programme commences early 2018
- Complete an Application Form
- Email us with your query