The course provides research training that corresponds with research education guidelines set by the Economic and Social Research Council and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. It can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as a foundation course for a PhD in business & management. All registered MPhil and PhD students within Strathclyde Business School must complete the PgCert element as their mandatory 60 credits of research methods training.
Core & elective classes
- Research Philosophy
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods: Survey Design & Analysis
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Research Colloquium
- Reviewing Literature in Business
Options include advanced research methods classes, skills/ development classes and a wide choice of classes from across the Business School.
Masters degree students submit a dissertation of around 20,000 words.
- MRes: 180 credits - 12 months full-time
- PgDip: 120 credits – 9 months full-time
- PgCert: 60 credits – minimum 4 months full-time
The course is offered on a full-time or part-time basis. Modules run for two to three consecutive days once a month from October to May. Students studying part-time will be able to complete their course of study over two academic years.
Masters degree or a first or upper second-class Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Business & Management.