The following sources of information will give you more detailed insights into the variety of jobs, job search and training resources in Medicine.
Many professional bodies and trade associations provide careers information and/or vacancy listings on their websites.
- British Medical Association Information about careers, education & training
- General Medical Council Information about medical education
- Royal College of General Practitioners GP careers information
- UK Association of Physician Assistants
Available in the Careers Service resource centre.
- Getting into Medical School: 2010 entry (Book)
New information is currently under review for this section. Additional information may also be available in the Careers Resource Centre, which is located on Level 6 of Livingstone Tower.
Website resources last updated 15/5/2015
- Becoming a doctor (BMA) Includes Entry into Medical School guide
- Health Careers
- Medschools Online Information on applying to study medicine
- NHS Education for Scotland (NES)
- NHS Scotland Career opportunities
- Health Jobs UK
- What can I do with my degree? (NHS site for students & graduates)
- Physician Assistant NHS career profile
Graduate Entry to Medicine