Currently, Chemical & Process Engineering Department takes part in joint education programmes with a number of Chinese universities, including:
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT)
- Nanjing University of Technology (NJIT)
- Harbin Engineering University (HEU)
- Lanzhou University of Technology (LUT)
- Wuhan University of Technology (WUT)
- Inner Mongolia University of Technology (IMUT)
- Yangtze University (YU)
Our list of partner universities in China is continually growing. To find out if your university has become one of our partners, please contact the Department of Chemical & Process Engineering.
2+2 Undergraduate Programme
If you are a student at one of our partner universities (other than Harbin Engineering University whose joint education programme does not yet offer this option), you can apply for the 2+2 Undergraduate Programme:
- the 2+2 Undergraduate Programme includes 2 years of study in your home university and 2 years in the University of Strathclyde. At the end of your study, you will be awarded an Institution of Chemical Engineers accredited degree in BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- start date: every September
- duration at Strathclyde: two years/4 semesters
- Subject to obtaining a minimum overall average specified in the 2+2 Undergraduate Programme agreement (typically 70%). English Language: these entry requirements normally require satisfactory performance in an IELTS test.
4 +1 Postgraduate Programme
Students from our partner universities can also apply for the 4 +1 Postgraduate Programme:
- the 4 +1 Postgraduate Programme includes 4 years of undergraduate study in your home university and 1 year of postgraduate study in the University of Strathclyde. At the end of your study, you will be awarded an Institution of Chemical Engineers accredited MSc degree in Advanced Chemical and Process Engineering
- start date: every September
- duration at Strathclyde: minimum of 1 Year/ 12 months
- subject to obtaining a minimum overall average specified in the 4+1Postgraduate Programme agreement (typically 75% average). English Language: these entry requirements normally require satisfactory performance in an IELTS test.
The joint education programmes also offer academic staff from partner universities the chance to apply for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Strathclyde
While studying on the course you are eligible to:
- take part in industry-based projects sponsored by our partner companies such as BP and Conoco Phillips or in-house research projects with our awarded researchers (specific to 2+2 Programme)
- take part in an in-house research project where, dependent on your topic, you will gain access to experimental facilities such as light scattering, spectroscopy, adsorption measurements, high pressure viscometry, or else to super-computing ARCHIE-WeSt facilities (specific to 4+1 Programme)
- receive in-sessional English language courses of up to 4 hours a week for as long as you are at Strathclyde. All free of charge for you.
- receive accommodation on campus for the first year of study at the University of Strathclyde. The University of Strathclyde has 2,000 rooms in well-maintained and safe student residences in the campus village. These are just few minutes away from teaching buildings, student facilities and only 5 minutes away from the city centre. There are prices to suit all budgets.
Other benefits you gain:
- access to Careers Service to help you prepare for the job market
- dedicated personal development adviser
- access to the University’s library services. The University of Strathclyde library holds 1,200,700 electronic books, 239 databases and over 105,000 e-journals that can be used 24/7
- Maths Skills Support Centre
- support for International Students (i.e. visas, immigration and legal advice)
- student Health and Counselling Services
- support from Disability Service
- arrival support at Glasgow airport
- social & cultural events