Strathclyde has a great experience working with Malaysian universities and is proud to accommodate a sizeable community of Malaysian students.
The Department of Chemical & Process Engineering together with UniKL - Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bioengineering Technology (MICET) run a joint education programme that provides UniKL students with an opportunity to gain international experience, improve English language skills and discover new ways of learning in Glasgow - Scotland’s most vibrant city.
2+3 Undergraduate Programme
If you are a student at UniKL (MICET) you can apply for the 2+3 Undergraduate Programme, including 2 years of study in your home university and 3 years in the University of Strathclyde. At the end of your study, you will be awarded an Institution of Chemical Engineers accredited degree in MEng Chemical Engineering.
Start date: September each year
Duration at Strathclyde: Three years/6 semesters (MEng)
- Satisfactory completion of Year 1 and Year 2 on any of the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology TDPU courses at UniKL MICET with a minimum average mark as specified in the agreement (typically 70% or more).
- English Language: these entry requirements normally require satisfactory performance in an IELTS test.
While Studying on the Course You Are Eligible to
- take part in industry-based projects sponsored by our partner companies such as BP and Conoco Phillips or in-house research projects with our awarded researchers (specific to 2+2 Programme)
- take part in an in-house research project where, dependent on your topic, you will gain access to experimental facilities such as light scattering, spectroscopy, adsorption measurements, high pressure viscometry, or else to super-computing ARCHIE-WeSt facilities (specific to 4+1 Programme)
- receive in-sessional English language courses of up to 4 hours a week for as long as you are at Strathclyde. All free of charge for you.
- receive accommodation on campus for the first year of study at the University of Strathclyde. The University of Strathclyde has 2,000 rooms in well-maintained and safe student residences in the campus village. These are just few minutes away from teaching buildings, student facilities and only 5 minutes away from the city centre. There are prices to suit all budgets.
Other benefits you gain
- access to Careers Service to help you prepare for the job market
- dedicated personal development adviser
- access to the University’s library services. The University of Strathclyde library holds 1,200,700 electronic books, 239 databases and over 105,000 e-journals that can be used 24/7
- Maths Skills Support Centre
- support for International Students (i.e. visas, immigration and legal advice)
- Student Health and Counselling Services
- support from Disability Service
- arrival support at Glasgow airport
- social & cultural events