Save the Date: Thursday 31 May 2018
SCI Electrochemistry Postgraduate Conference (SCI-ECP) 2018 is a one-day conference designed for students in the field of electrochemistry to present their work in a welcoming environment.
The event, hosted by the University of Strathclyde, is open to postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the UK and Ireland and is free to attend.
Sponsored by: SCI Electrochemical Technology Group
- Raise awareness of your research among the electrochemistry community
- Present your research in a friendly and supportive environment
- Receive feedback from appointed staff and peers
- Exchange knowledge and network with other electrochemistry researchers
- Keynote speaker: Prof. John Irvine, Department of Chemistry, University of St Andrews. Prof Irvine leads a research group investigating fundamental electrochemistry, solid state chemistry and materials science, addressing critical energy problems. The research is driven by both the need to solve the current environmental and energy supply problems facing mankind and an interest in new science that challenges conventional assumptions.
- Invited speaker: Dr. Lynn Dennany, Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde.
- Oral and poster presentation sessions for postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes and posters should be A0 size. Prizes will be awarded for the best oral and poster presentations.
Metrohm will be running a NOVA software workshop the following day (1st June 2018) at the University of Strathclyde.