Innovation in SIROM
Potential innovation introduced and planned in SIROM project is aimed to push the research boundaries beyond the state-of-the-art in space robotics by developing an innovative way and connector of interfacing robotic components. The key innovations to be developed in SIROM include but not limited to:
- A proposed standard to use for power transfer and data transmission for both planetary and orbital space robotic missions;
- Exploratory proposed methods for thermal conduction and management,
- Development of novel methods supported by associated mechanism for mechanical load transfer and interface latching;
- Generation, adoption and proposal of innovative design methods for intelligent interface design and working principles for interfacing;
- Holistic consideration of many design parameters by using multi-criteria design optimization of many conflict requirements through modelling, multi-physics simulation and optimization.