Engineering Education for the 21st Century
The focus of the 2020 conference is to consider: “How universities and employers are preparing engineering students and graduates for 21st century practice-known and unknown?”
The major themes for ISEE 2020 are:
- Innovative Pedagogy – with particular reference to disruptive pedagogy that provides students with agency.
- Engineering for Humanity – preparing future engineers for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4ID) whilst acknowledging the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Learning in Communities of Practice – with particular reference to Degree Apprenticeships / Graduate Apprenticeships and examples of situated learning.
- Interdisciplinary Engineering – breaking down the silos in engineering education.
- Humanities – how far have we come in putting the “A” into STEM? Pressure for STEAM and the liberal engineer.
Contributions addressing one, or more, of these themes are invited with the abstract deadline on 2nd December 2019. To submit an abstract, the full paper and to find all of the important deadlines please see our Call for Papers.