Engineering Education for the 21st Century
The focus of the 2022 conference is to consider: “Engineering Education Transitioning in Times of Uncertainty: What of Post Covid & Post COP 26 Engineering Pedagogy?”
The major themes for ISEE 2022 are:
- Innovative Pedagogy – with particular reference to disruptive pedagogy employed during the COVID Pandemic.
- Engineering for Humanity – pedagogy that addresses the Climate Emergency; Climate Justice & Inclusion & Diversity issues.
- Systems Engineering – breaking down the silos in engineering education. CDIO / Liberal Engineer / Putting the "A" into STEM.
- Revisiting Employability – preparing future engineers for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4ID); Graduate / Degree Apprenticeships / Work-Based Learning.
ISEE 2022 is a face-to face physical attendance conference and we are particularly keen to support colleagues not only to disseminate their research and scholarship, but also to support the establishment of social networks. We encourage contributions from academics in engineering who are considering or who have recently embarked on a scholarship & research journey. Contributors can select one of three options depending on their preference:
- Empirical Paper-traditional academic conference paper with research informed by theoretical constructs.
- Practice Paper- dissemination of scholarship that aims to improve engineering education with less emphasis of theoretical reflections.
- Poster Presentation- new and emerging ideas to provoke dialogue amongst delegates and promote the establishment of new research networks.
Contributions addressing one, or more, of these themes are invited with the abstract deadline on 28th March 2022. To submit an abstract, the full paper/poster and to find all of the important deadlines please see our Call for Papers.