Maritime Safety Research Centre vacancies
We're a new Maritime Safety Research Centre (MSRC) based at the University of Strathclyde in the Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering.
Help us change the world: career opportunities
We're currently looking to appoint world-class experts with a wide range of backgrounds and experience.
We're looking for strong leaders who are capable of offering high calibre knowledge and experience, international presence, and self-belief to take up the challenge and help us deliver this vision.
We're currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Software Engineer
We're also looking to appoint PhD students.
We're looking for staff with extensive research expertise in areas related to maritime/marine safety and risk, such as:
- safety and security of complex and cyber-physical systems
- dynamic barrier management
- emergency response process and systems
- total resilience of marine systems
- intact/damage stability and fire protection of ships and offshore assets
- accident/incident data reporting and processing
- human element and man-machine interface
- safety culture
For more information please get in touch with Professor Dracos Vassalos, Acting Centre Director.
Our mission is to support the development and nurture the implementation of Life-Cycle Risk Management, accounting rationally and formally for all cost-effective measures of risk reduction that lead to sustainable cost-effective-safety-improvement for new and existing ships and offshore assets. We're also supporting the development of a modern regulatory framework to support and nurture safety culture.
The MSRC is comprised from a partnership between:
- the Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering here at Strathclyde
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- DNV GL Classification Society
Together we're a world-class centre of excellence, shaping the future of maritime safety.