Welcome to the University of Strathclyde and to the Faculty of Engineering.
We hope that you'll enjoy building on the successes that you've already achieved in getting here and we wish you good luck with your studies over the next few years!
We strongly recommended that all new students to the Faculty of Engineering attend one of our induction events in September. These events give you the chance to meet some of your fellow students and staff, find out what it is like to study at Strathclyde, and hear about important services in the University.
Some of the information gained at these induction events will really help you in your first few weeks at Strathclyde. It also may prove to be invaluable to you throughout your time at Strathclyde. Attending the induction will also be a chance to help you find your way around the campus!
We run separate induction events for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
As well as the Faculty induction events for new students, all departments within the Faculty also hold induction events. These are often mandatory for you to attend and will provide you with necessary information for you to get started on your studies.
Get more information about the departmental inductions:
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Chemical & Process Engineering
- Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Department of Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management
- Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering