Below are ideas for use in the classroom.
Climate Ready Classrooms
Climate Ready Classroom is an ambitious partnership project linking primary Confucius classrooms in Scotland and their partner schools in China, through the shared aim of learning about climate action and raising awareness of the climate crisis. Working in partnership with Keep Scotland Beautiful, schools in both Scotland and China will deliver a series of similar lessons based on themes such as health and wellbeing, school grounds, transport and recycling. The Scottish schools taking part will then link up with their partner schools once a week and share with them the work they have been doing and hear what their Chinese counterparts have been doing on the same subject. The project involves collaboration and dedication and it will ensure language learning is relevant and contextualised for the young learners who will communicate with and learn from each other. The project will take place throughout September in the run up to the COP26 summit.
John Muir Award - A Scotland/China Project
This project aims to have students from a Chinese school and students from a Scottish school achieving level one of the award, using their foreign language and their journeys with each other from two different educational and environmental settings across two different countries.
It will allow them to:
- Develop and use their language skills in a new context.
- Think and use their language skills creatively.
- Become aware of their surrounding environments
- Become aware of nature, creativity and the wildness of their surroundings.
- Develop an awareness of the differences and similarities they experience in their environmental space across two countries.
- Share their journey and further develop as responsible, global citizens.
Below are resources needed for this project: