The School of Education hosts an Audience with Alistair Bryce-Clegg - Continuous Provision
21 May 2019
University of Strathclyde
With many years experience as an Early Years Practitioner, Alistair Bryce-Clegg is a nationally and internationally recognised expert. We are delighted to host this event at Strathclyde University.
Welll planned Continuous Provision can be an absolute gift when it comes to raising the attainment of children through active learning and high-level engagement.
When children are secure, happy and engaged they have the most potential to learn. Play in Continuous Provision is by far the best vehicle to achieve all of those things.
Continuous Provision is not just the resources that you have out all of the time. The purpose of Continuous Provision is to support adults in the observations and interactions with children and
"to continue the provision for learning in the absence of an adult"
During the event the key points that will be explored:
- How to create a play-based environment for Continuous Provision
- How to ensure that Areas of Provision support children's needs
- How to effectively resource Areas of Provision for skill development
- Planning for Continuous Provision
- The Role of the Adult in supporting children's learning through play
NOT TO BE MISSED !